Wednesday, May 12, 2010

CBS - Tears of Fear to Tears of Joy

Last day of CBS. Wow, that went fast. What is CBS, you ask? CBS stands for Community Bible Study. This is a Bible study class that takes place on Wednesday mornings from 9:30 - 11:30 and coincides with the Sarasota County School schedule. There are weeks of vacation where we don't have class, no class during holiday seasons, no class during spring break, etc. This is designed for mothers AND their children to meet and well, study the Bible. The children are in classes of their own and the mothers are split up into classes as well. We signed up for this to benefit both Avery and I. I figured I could benefit by learning and discovering more about the Bible while Avery is in his own class playing and sharing with other kids. One day a week, can't be bad, right?

As I mentioned earlier, this schedule goes along with the county school schedule, so today was our last "school day" of the year and it went unbelievably fast. I am very glad I chose to partake in such a fantastic group. See, 9 months ago when CBS started for the year I had never been involved in a Bible study and Avery had never been without me. WHAT? Yes, Avery and I are together ALL THE TIME, so dropping him off in a class WITHOUT me was traumatic for both of us. Go ahead, roll your eyes, laugh out loud, do what you need, but this is the truth. Luckily, Avery's Godmother Jamie and his very best friend Jadyn are also involved in CBS so they were there to wipe Avery's and mommies tears away the first few weeks. As Jadyn stood there ready to play and Avery was kicking and screaming, Jamie was dragging me out of the class saying "He's gonna be fine." That was 9 months ago.

Today, as I dropped him off in class he ran for toys before I could even kiss him goodbye or start to shed a tear. Whew, what a long way we have both come!!! It's truly amazing to watch children change and grow up.....TOO FAST.....in front of our own eyes.

Cheers to a great "school year" and and AWESOME summer break ahead of us!!!

No comments: