Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Smile and Give Thanks!!!

This morning I woke up and thought, "hmmm, I need to update our blog, but I don't have any new pics to post and write about." I thought to myself, I have SO much to be thankful for and that should something to post about in itself. Each day I am reminded in some way or another of how much I have to be thankful for. Sometimes it is clear and plain as day, sometimes it's something I figure out after that day is over and sometimes I see it through others around me. There are even days that can be more of a "bad" day, then a "good" day, but in the end, I still have so much to be thankful for and its never really "that bad."

Without babbling I will list a few things that I am thankful for: 1) my husband who truly treats me like a princess. He appreciates and notices the small things such as a home cooked meal, a clean house or a new color of toe nail polish I am wearing. He works hard to support our family while keeping Avery and me home. In the meantime, he never comes home in a bad mood or stressed out and tackles each day with 100% effort. 2) Our son; who is the apple of our eye. He is healthy, happy, HILARIOUS and so much fun to hang out with everyday. He and I are quite the best of buds. 3) My parents; while they live 1200 miles away, we are still as close as we were were 15 years ago when I lived at home under their roof. While I am now married with a family of my own, I still talk to them everyday even if it's just to say "hi. I love you." 4) Our house; while it's small, it's cozy, clean, in a great neighborhood and hey, it isn't flooded in water and we have electricity.

Those are just a FEW of the many things I have to be thankful for. Life is great. I can't complain. I wake up everyday, smile, kiss my hubby, cuddle our son, sip on coffee and look forward to what each day has to offer. Some people like to think "the grass is always greener on the other side" I like to think "enjoy the grass we have, there may not even be grass on the other side." I have learned that there will always be someone richer than you and poorer than you. There will always be someone skinnier than you and fatter than you. There will always be someone who drives a nicer car than you and someone who drives a car that's not as nice as yours. Can't we all just be thankful for what we have? If there's something you don't have that you want.....hey, talk to the big guy upstairs. Maybe, just maybe he can help ya out!!!

LIVE, LOVE and LAUGH!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Agreed. Our blogs could be married today. I wrote on the same topic, but without the amount of "chipper" that you do. Good point and well done :)