Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Sometimes it still amazes me to think that "I am a mother." How did this happen. Well, I have figured out how it happened, but geez, I like to think of myself still as a child....sometimes. Anyhow, those of you that are mothers know what a great thing motherhood is. It is rewarding, challenging, beneficial, fun, exciting and simply one of the best feelings ever. One thing I thought about and kinda "realized" this year on Mother's Day is the fact that although Avery just turned 2, this is my 3rd Mother's Day of being a mom. He was born right before Mother's Day in 2008, just turned 1 in 2009 and just turned 2 in 2010, making this my 3rd Mother's Day. Sunday was a fabulous day. Rico, Avery and I spent the day together: Church, Brunch, swim, layout, nap, snack, swim, dinner, play in yard, swim, bath, then bedtime. Whew!!! It was a fun, busy, enjoyable day for all!!!





So, to recap all of my Mother's Days, below are pictures of Avery and I on each Mother's Day.








Mother's Day 2010 - Sarasota, Florida


Mother' Day 2009 - Indianapolis, Indiana

Mother's Day 2008 - Sarasota, Florida

Avery, you make being a mommy so much fun. I love you Triple A!!!





1 comment:

Carol said...

Love the pictures! Amazing how fast they grow year by year. In China, when kids pop out they are automatically one year old. They celebrate their first year of life counting from 1. They don't start counting months. So, if that were the case here, it would be easier to tell that Avery and you are celebrating your 3rd mother's day, because he would be 3 now instead of 2. Betcha wonder how I know all that? Keep wonderin'. I'm amazing!